"The best teachers are those who show you where to look but don't tell you what to see" AK Trenfor.
The Heart of Yoga;
New 200Hr & 300Hr Trainings starting September 2021
Please get in touch for further information
We have decided to postpone and start the training in September 2021 just to make sure that we get to start and finish it in the studio to allow for the best possible training.
As the start date has been pushed out the early bird rate has been extended and we currently have two spaces left, these need to be paid in full by July 16th and they are on a first come first served basis so may be gone before July 16th.
Yoga Sanctuary has been facilitating Yoga Teacher Trainings since 2016, offering practical and effective trainings with small class sizes, always taught by teachers qualified to the highest level, E-RYT500.
Yoga Sanctuary is a team of truly inspirational teachers with a passion to share the healing benefits of yoga through connection of body, mind and breath.
The 200Hr Yoga Alliance training is for those regular committed students that wish to deepen their understanding of yoga anatomy, alignment, class sequencing, student safety, philosophy, pranayama, meditation and more.
300 hour trainings for those who have already completed their 200 hour yoga teacher training, bringing them up to the Advanced 500Hour status.
Here are some questions that frequently come up when considering a Teacher Training ;
1. We always keep the training small but this year will be smaller again to ensure HSE guidelines (these will be adhered to if social distancing is required in September)
The trainings have always had a maximum of 15 students to ensure the best possible training experience.
2. I don’t like to specify a level of yoga required to attend the training because after 5 years of running the training I have seen so many different groups attend, each and every one bringing something unique to the training. Someone who has been attending classes regularly for years still may not practice advanced poses (which is perfectly acceptable) and someone who is relatively new may have a natural athletic ability AND this is only one aspect of the yoga training. There is so much more to it than being able to do certain poses. Some people may be more drawn to the meditation/ pranayama and gentle practice of yoga, while another may be more drawn to the aspects of strength and flexibility.
So I would just say that as long as you are doing the training for yourself, you will get what is for you from the training. You will not regret taking part because it is a beautiful journey no matter what.
3. I think the youngest trainee I have had is 19 up to around 60 years old. There is usually a diverse range of gorgeous humans on the training who all bring something unique and inspiring in their own way. Every year I have witnessed some beautiful lifelong friendships blossom during the training too.
4. I am hoping that from September we will be able to go ahead 100% in the studio but if necessary we could do some small sections online too.
5. Early bird price is still available, it usually ends 2 months prior to the start date or if a certain number of spaces have already filled so currently 2 spaces remain.
6. Certified by the worldwide Yoga Alliance for the standard for Registered Yoga Schools
What our Graduates say...
“A Mum to young twins and a full time job, I was not sure if it was the right time to take on 200 hour yoga teacher training. But with 20 years of yoga practice and a burning desire to immerse myself in yoga I went for it and I am so delighted I did. I loved every moment, the yoga teachers were a wonderful mix of knowledge, patience and generosity of spirit. The fantastic experience grew my mind, deepened my practice, the philosophy and meditation aids me to be a better person and I am now equipped with knowledge, confidence and excitement to teach yoga and to continue learning on my yoga journey, Namaste “.